A 35g Stocking Question

goldfishgeek

Reaction score
I am in the process of a tank redo. its a 35G 3 foot long tank.

removed the sand replaced with gravel, got some plants am adding more. getting a new filter fluval 205

I would like this as my stocking fish wise

3-4 Key hole Cichlids
6 guppies
2 clown loaches
1 small pleco (Golden Nugget I think?)

this is all long term and nothing is happening immediately I just wanted some opinions on my stocking.

thanks

GFG

The Golden Nugget and the clown loaches will eventually outgrow the tank, so you would need to be prepared to upgrade. Why not go for a smaller plec (flash peckoltia, clown plec, bristlenose) instead? And smaller loaches. Don't know much about the temperament of the keyholes or how much space they need for territories- are you sure you can keep 3-4 together and still be ok? Perhaps best to ask in the New World cichlids forum. As for the guppies, 6 females will be easiest, though you may get some fry. 6 males should also be fine- and has the advantage of no fry. If you want fry, go for 1 male and 5 females, or 2 males and 4 females.

thanks,

I wondered about four, might go for three? and maybe if two pair up return the other one (always feel mean doing tho!)

this also sounds mean but I wondered if keeping guppies as dither fish, the babies might be a good source of live food. hope that doesn't sound awful, a sort of survival of the fittest?

I will rethink the pleco and the loaches.

thanks again!

GFGx

Most reactions

Back