90 gallon on e-bay

NOOOOO!

Well it's entirely up to you but personally I wouldn't I've heard alot of horror stories about the make Perfecto, the tanks have broken and the fish go everywhere... :crazy: very stressfull for all involved and I'm pretty sure there's a post somewhere on the emergency forum about help my fish tank broke, check it out for yourself before you make any bids (if any) second hand tanks can come with alotta problems. really you're better off with a new one that way you have a warranty and guarantee to fall back on. Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the reply Kitt. I can't buy it anyway because it's for pickup only (Georgia) and I'm in California.

But I am wondering . . . what's a decent price for a 80 gal. + tank? I found a 100 gal. with stand for $299. http://www.zoobra.net/ Is this a good deal?

Hi to be honest with you I'm not sure coz its dollars you're buying in and we have the old pounds and pence in the UK! You can pay anything up to £150-£200 about $450 dollars - I think (I only know canadian not american dollars) for a decent 4ft long tank with everything over here but again it depends on wht you buy with it and like anything nowadays different brands/makes.

Just do the process of elimination - phone/go round different aquatic stores and ask the price for the size of tank and compare them. Just coz a tanks price is extortionate doesn't mean its the best one. Good luck let me know if you get one :)

:p

I will post pics once I have it set up . . . but that won't be for quite a while. It's for my work place. We have 2 columbian sharks I need to rehome (in a 26 gal. now)

I plan to hit the thrift shops this weekend and check out my LFS. My boss is paying for it and doesn't want to pay the $299 at the second link. He told me to keep looking around. I actually think $299 is really good for a 100 gal. w/stand, but he thinks there's cheaper avaliable. I'll keep looking for now . . . :S

i just bought a 210 with stand. in the process i was pricing tanks etc. for a brand new 135 with pine stand it was about $625. so i think the 299 for 100 with stand is a pretty good price. as far as perfecto goes, the only tank i have ever heard about problems with is the 56 column. and i think they just got a bad batch of glass or something. mine exploded in the middle of the night, and the second one was bad also, and yes there was a girl in emergency forum with the exact same tank, that she bought around the same time as me, that had a very similar problem. however perfecto took very good care of her, and of me, and i have one now that was made at a later time that is perfect.

Hiya Ry,

Long time no talk.... ;) What tank size exactly are you looking for, a 80 gallon?? I have seen so many sweet deals down here on my side of Cali, Ry. Let me know around what size your looking for and I'll be on the lookout. If you need to get more intouch with me, pm me. I am here to help. :)

~Syn

i got a 55 Gallon set with everything for 229.99 which is quite good. And thats from PetsMart. So for 2nd hand tanks like you guys are talking about, it looks like most of you are really getting ripped off!

Most reactions

Back