76 litre livebearer tank?

elephantnose3334

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am deciding for my next project after my current one is completed. I would do a tiger endler tank or I might do a guppy tank. Which one should I pick for my Aqua One Lifestyle 76 litre aquarium?

Basically, we can't make that choice for you. That's totally up to you. The tiger endler hybrids are stronger than most fancy guppies. Maybe that's an option to think about.

Basically, we can't make that choice for you. That's totally up to you. The tiger endler hybrids are stronger than most fancy guppies. Maybe that's an option to think about.
Okay. I might go with tiger endler hybrids. This will basically be my first hybrid tank. Why are tiger endlers highly sought after despite they are hybrids?

I am deciding for my next project after my current one is completed. I would do a tiger endler tank or I might do a guppy tank. Which one should I pick for my Aqua One Lifestyle 76 litre aquarium?
Hello. The fish are essentially the same. So, either would work in 20 gallons of water. You could just buy a couple of females to start. The females are generally kept with the males, so they'll have fry in a short time given good water conditions. The tank will need half the water changed a couple of times a week and add some Hornwort or Water Sprite plants. This will give the fry some hiding places, so you'll have several fish.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Why are tiger endlers highly sought after despite they are hybrids?
Well, because they are easy to take care of, they're attractive looking fish and they're cheaper than pure endlers. Same goes for other hybrid endlers that have become common, e.g. black bar endlers (most commercial available ones are hybrids), cobra endlers and chili endlers (aka red scarlet endlers). But of course, there are also other endler hybrid strains that do cost more for they're not offered that often like, e.g. tuxedo endlers (aka black flame), yellow saddlebacks, cardinal endlers, Santa Maria bleeding heart endlers, etc.

Most endler hybrid strains also don't chase nor eat their fry just like real endlers do. So, you also don't need extra hiding spots for fry. Tiger endlers are also known for not chasing nor eating their fry.

And don't let you be fooled by Ginga rubra or dwarf panda guppies as being endler hybrids. For there's no single drop of blood of endler in them. But the commercial trade named them endler hybrids. Just like the japan blue guppies that were introduced by the commercial trade as gbeing endlers. They're actually guppies. Yes, nowadays, we don have japan blue endler hybrids. But in the beginning, those short tailed japan blues were pure guppy. In Ginga rubra there's wild guppy influence used and no endler. In dwarf panda guppies, the small bodysize has to do with the pink gene. Connected tot his pink gene is a dwarf growth gene.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back