7 week old mollies

beki_jane

Reaction score
i have 13 baby mollies and have recently moved them from birthing net into a divided part of the tank, its the first time i've been able to get a really good look at them and i have a mixture of black ones, black and white, a couple of white ones with black fins which i expected as the mother is black and the father is white but i also have some that are gold and black and i have never seen mollies with this colouring before although i admit i am a complete novice i did a lot of research before i brought a tank and i've not seen any like this anywhere, has anyone seen these colourings before?

beki :)

Hi beki_jane,
My molly offspring have some yellow, especially on the fins. The parents were marbled mollies, all black and a pearly tan color. I also thought the yellow was kind of unusual coloration for mollies. I bet the gold is pretty.

Mollies although livebearers I don't have much experience, what I will see is that when in shops I have only ever seen white or black ones. I certainly don't think the ones u have are that common perhaps one of the parents was in the shop tank and was as pondfreak said marbled mollies. Sounds really nice I'm all jealous!

Most reactions

Back