36X15X15 All Glass Tank

fish_lover09

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi all got my new tank all setup and it is now going through the cycling stage i got the tank at the bargin price of £20, £15 plus a fiver to get it dropped off to me so i didnt even have to go get it lol.

yesterday i set it all up with the help from a friend first i took some water from my old tank over to my new the and placed a very shallow base of sand just coving the bottom then we placed the skimmer heater and powerhead in place then we placed the rock in postion after that caught the fish and cuc from old tank and placed them in bags and floated them in the new tank and moved mot of the water from old tank to new waited for temperture to raise to correct temperture and placed fish and cuc in to tank

the one and only mistake i have made is that i forgot rock causes a cycle and only remembered once i had placed took all water out of my old tank so couldnt do anything about it i hope i dont lose my stock because of this next time i will defo remember about the cycle atm im checking on the tank every couple of hours just to make sure just going to have to keep my fingers crossed

will upload some pictures tomorrow

Ensure you have a lot of water ready for an emergency water change :good: just in case those stats start creeping up. I hope you put the rock on the bottom of the tank not on the sand?

Looking forward to the photos - hurry up :p

Seffie x

@Seffie yh i did put the rocks on the bottom not on the sand dont want any snails getting squashed also im been checking my stats bout 3 times a day did a water change yesterday as nitrates were at 20ppm but i took 1 or 2 buckets to much out and now im a bit short of the top of the tank but ammonia seems to be dropping off so im almost there
smile.gif

@Ben i wish i did to start offwith, in this size tank the fish seem to love all the open space there got to swim in. althro my clowns are a bit wary of there new home they stay out of the rocks hopefully they will start to feel safe in there new home soon

Will try get pics up today, my brother took the camara fishin with him buts hes back now so i can finally get some pics up and some more taken
biggrin.gif

here are some pics of my new tank im just going to quickly put them up as i got to go but ere they are will do a better job when i put the pics up of the hood im building with the help of my dad

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

ill get some better pics up later defo i dont think the pics do the rock layout any good what do u think?
ill try get some better pics up tomorrow when i got time i just quickly snapped these lol
smile.gif

new addition to the tank my royal gramma

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0031.jpg

finally got one this is my fav fish atm i love the colours im thinking of getting a red firefish or a purple firefish next and another coral goby to hopefuly pair mine up and then start adding some corals to the tank.

Oh wow, I really want a royal gramma, cant wait to get one. If its not too nosey, can i ask how much you paid for it?

thanks

Oh wow, I really want a royal gramma, cant wait to get one. If its not too nosey, can i ask how much you paid for it?

thanks

hi i paid £24 for mine from my LFS but i dont have many places to compare prices before i buy there only 1 shop i can get saltwater fish from

just a quick update

have ordered myself a a cleaner shrimp and another 3 turbo snails so the should be here next week im still on the look for a purple firefish anyone know any places online that i could get them one from?

got myself a cleaner wrasse from my LFS will get pic up today or tomorrow and ordered myself a purple firefish

i have one question how many more fish can i get in the tank i would like to add a dwarf anglefish maybe a cherub anglefish(centropyge argi) and another yellow coral goby

current stock

2xclownfish
1xpurple fire fish (when it arrives)
1xroyal gramma
1xyellow coral goby
1xcleaner wrasse
1xpeppermint shrimp
1xcleaner shrimp
4xturbo snails
2xnassarius vibex
1xpink xenia coral

so do what do u think can i add the dwarf anglefish and the goby or will it be to much??

pictures of wrasse i tyed to get a good picture but he just wont sit still for a second lol but these are ok

DSCF0019-1.jpg

DSCF0017-1.jpg

DSCF0020-1.jpg

DSCF0021-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back