180Litre community tank progress

Yeaaah that doesnā€™t sound good. What alternative liquid carbon would you recommend to use?
Is the seachems florish comp liquid fert, and their declorinator atleast safe for livestock? Bit worried now that Iā€™m slowly poisoning my fish
From what Iā€™ve read on liquid carbon itā€™s basically killing the lowest life forms and in doing that suppression it allows plants to grow but the way it kills the algae is also a risk to fish and the plants them selves. I donā€™t think there is any conclusive evidence but it seems on common sense not a good idea.

Wills

From what Iā€™ve read on liquid carbon itā€™s basically killing the lowest life forms and in doing that suppression it allows plants to grow but the way it kills the algae is also a risk to fish and the plants them selves. I donā€™t think there is any conclusive evidence but it seems on common sense not a good idea.

Wills
I think Iā€™ll go without for awhile and see if theres any affect on plant health. I have very little issue with algae growth due to the I think, the light levels, water quality and the abundance of my shrimp who do a brilliant job keeping the tank clean. Maybe the carbon helps keep it at bay too, but if I can test this out for a couple of weeks by not dosing without any increase algae and no detrimental affect to the plants, Iā€™ll happily stop using it to protect my livestock. Thanks for the advice guys

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back