10 Gallon Tank

CrashingWaves

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was just curious since I have a fully cycled, planted, ten gallon tank in my room with nothing in it. What I was wondering is about how many corydoras could you put in there and they would still be unstressed due to space? Species wise, assume the Panda or maybe the Juli Thank you very much ahead of time.

God Bless,
Joshua

Both those cories grow to only about 2". If you want to fill the tank with only Corydoras you could get about 5 or 6 of each.

Don't forget pygmies, would add height since they like to travel up the tank as well as the bottom.

I saw loads sitting on a huge lump of moss in the shop, they were really funny they looked like fry.

Is there a good place to find a list of corydoras species? I used to have one several years ago, and I had it bookmarked. However I went to the link and now the website is gone.

God Bless,
Joshua

Alright thanks again, just what I was looking for :).

God Bless,
Joshua

Hi CrashingWaves :)

The most complete list of corys can be found at PlanetCatfish:

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/family.php?family_id=1

You should have no trouble keeping seven small corys in a ten gallon tank. This would include C. pandas, C. similis, C. metae (bandits) C. trilineatus (aka juliis) etc. If you had any of the dwarf species, (C. pygmaeus, C. hastatus, or C. habrosus), you could increase the number considerably because they are so small.

One thing I did want to comment on though. If you have a tank running with no fish, chances are high that any beneficial bacteria that may have been in there are dead. This means the tank is no longer cycled and you will want to give that consideration before adding fish.

One thing I did want to comment on though. If you have a tank running with no fish, chances are high that any beneficial bacteria that may have been in there are dead. This means the tank is no longer cycled and you will want to give that consideration before adding fish.

First of all, I would like to thank you for the link and a list of some corydoras species :).

I have an empty tank now because I moved the fish that were once in it, into another, larger tank. This happened only a couple of days ago so the bacteria should be fine at the moment. But, thanks for the warning :)

God Bless,
Joshua

Most reactions

Back