1 Hatched Cory - Now 6

stiffler69

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well out of the mass of eggs i got the other day it seems i have 1 hatched upto now, i no wich one this was as i notice the egg on the wall of the trap had gone missing and since this was the only egg with no signs of fungus it was obvious it had hatched.

Just tried to catch the single fry hes far too small and didnt want to disturb the other eggs too much as their could still be a chance more will survive although they are covered inwhite fluff, but eggs all look intact and healthy still, i will get some liquifry 1 tomorrow for the little fellow and start feeding him on that, he will be a great bench mark on learning how to car for these little guys as they are tiny and resemble a miniscule tad pole.

hi stiffler69 :good:

congrats on ure wrigler iv found the best way to move them at this stage is with a pipet.
just keep the hiygine up to scratch with daily water changes and cleaning and they will stand a better chance of survival and will grow fast .
you could allso try feeding them on HIKARI first bites as its a powder aswell as the liquifry no1.
as i do for the first week or so :good:

hi stiffler69 :good:

congrats on ure wrigler iv found the best way to move them at this stage is with a pipet.
just keep the hiygine up to scratch with daily water changes and cleaning and they will stand a better chance of survival and will grow fast .
you could allso try feeding them on HIKARI first bites as its a powder aswell as the liquifry no1.
as i do for the first week or so :good:

Thanks drewry i will give these a go and as for water changes ill do my best didnt expect them to be so tiny lol.

:good: yeah they are tiny arnt they but ull also be suprized how fast they grow aswell if uv got an air stone in .make sure its at the top other wise they get thrown all over and die as i found out when i was new to it all :good:
good luck with them.

Good Work!

I lost most of my first fry to fungus. So keep the food piped up.

I use Hikari First Bites and Atisons Betta Bites.

Well i got another batch of about 200 eggs today ive managed to stick the majority of them to the side of the trap the one what hatched was stook to the side of the track so hopefully these will be the same, whats the chances of them hatching if they have been exposed to air i read that it is not good to expose them to air i tried my best not to but its difficult in the transistion

hi stiffler69
i did the same thing and it never offected them they all hatched so i wouldent worry :good:

6 more hatched and more eggs in another trap these are pescky little buggers to get out of their eggs lol

thanks doing my best and my corys are doing even better i get a regular batch of eggs every 4 days, hopefully this next lot will be more sucessful

You will get better and better at it, and you will develop a system that will work for you. Not eveyone does it the same. I was not able to manage the same way as others, because of my time constraints, so I developed a method that works and will continue to try new things.

Most reactions

Back