Lilyann October 2019 Fish of the Month Winner!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
October 2019 Fish of the Month Contest (Catfish only)
We had 10 interesting Catfish entered in the FOTM contest but only one could win...

And the winner is............:band:

:hooray:
Lilyann
Let's all congratulate Lilyann and her winning Blue Phantom Pleco

:drinks:

Here is Lilyann's winning Pleco and the description

fotm-winnner-fishforums2019.jpg

My Blue Phantom Pleco. L128
Male.
3 years old
Apx 7.75 inches.
Loves anytyhing with "worms" in it. Bloodworms and Freezedried blackworms being a favorite. Also gets, a few times a week, spirulina discs from NLS. But, isnt picky- eats everything the other fish do: New Life spectrum Flake food and cichlid pellets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulation Lilyann with your well deserved FOTM win with your beautiful Blue Phantom Pleco. You will soon be awarded a "FOTM Winner" profile banner.

PS: To our members; If you entered and didn't win. you may reenter your fish in a future FOTM contest.

Next up will be our Tank of the Month contest starting around November 1st. Please considering entering one of your tanks by taking a good picture or making a youtube video and be ready to enter our TOTM contest. You will have about a week to enter the contest.

In mid November our Pet of the Month contest resumes...you may enter any pet (except fish) that you have in your household.

Thanks to all members for your participation in our Fishforums' monthly contests

Last edited:
Congrats on the win Lilyann. Very unusual colouring. Got to admit, I did a double take with it as I thought either their was algae on the glass or the fish!

Having a look around now locally (to me) to see if i can find something similar!

How exciting-- thanks everyone!!
This guy started out as light blue as the tips of fins, but slowly started taking on a greenish cast as well. It is a very unusual Pleco because of the changes that it makes in coloration.

I have one of these and while very expensive, they are very interesting fish to watch - mine is terribly shy but now that he's about 2 1/2" he's starting to come out more. Mine loves his worms as well. He is assertive without being dominant. Blue/black body with polka dots and green? legs. Very strange coloring. I swear some of these fish are so interbred you never know what they are going to look like.

If you had any idea how hard it is to take a picture of these guys you would give her an award for photographic skills - and what a beautiful fish! Congratulations!

I have one of these and while very expensive, they are very interesting fish to watch - mine is terribly shy but now that he's about 2 1/2" he's starting to come out more. Mine loves his worms as well. He is assertive without being dominant. Blue/black body with polka dots and green? legs. Very strange coloring. I swear some of these fish are so interbred you never know what they are going to look like.

If you had any idea how hard it is to take a picture of these guys you would give her an award for photographic skills - and what a beautiful fish! Congratulations!
Thank you!
This fish is wild, so no interbreeding here.

It is cool. I've never seen one before. I wanted Captain Hilts (The Cooler King) to win just because of the name and reference to the Greatest Movie Of All Time. The Great Escape. But as we say on Earth "c'est la vie". That color is remarkable. Very unusual and unique.

There were a number of awesome candidates. I loved the zebra stripe Pleco and actually removed my vote of myself to a for the zebra. If you don't have these plecos you have NO idea how difficult it can be to get a really clear closeup picture. I was partial to my picture of one sucking algae off the glass but that may have scared too many people LOL. It was a VERY hard picture to get - I had to be ready at all times and just snap it before he could react to it. Pleco's are shy and very fast and tend to hide. So again congrats on getting a picture of a Blue Phantom close like that without freaking him out!!! Good job.

Congrats on winning with your beautiful fish. I sadly spent most of October in the hospital and did not get to participate.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back