DerpPH

Fish Herder
Reaction score
ok so now I currently own 2 tarantulas

My Brachypelma albospilosum which is 3 inches and just molted yesterday
image_zps477bae72.jpg

and My Orphnaecus sp Bohol whitefang which is just over 2 inches leg span
image_zps9f8286b1.jpg

and heres the Orph in threat display where you can see why I named it white fanged, my friend collected these in Bohol :
image_zps5c833d7d.jpg

Oh just starting out, eh?! :D

Congrats! I got a native T specie called S.samarae and they're less defensive than the Orphnaecus genus :D

Tongue_Flicker said:
Oh just starting out, eh?!
biggrin.png

Congrats! I got a native T specie called S.samarae and they're less defensive than the Orphnaecus genus
biggrin.png
The S. samara is already in the orph genus they moved it a while back :D

Been keeping them for 2 years now though, gotta love exotics <3

Oh didn't know that. Just got her back, a friend was looking out for her while i was still in Bahrain. Any specifics? What's their new latin name now?

Tongue_Flicker said:
Oh didn't know that. Just got her back, a friend was looking out for her while i was still in Bahrain. Any specifics? What's their new latin name now?
Orphnaecus samara is the new name of the species, the Selenobrachy complex was moved to the Orphnaecus complex

Oh okay, so they're the Orphnaecus sp. Samar now? Kinda lame haha. Selenocosmia samarae has so much spunk to it, if you ask me :D

Tongue_Flicker said:
Oh okay, so they're the Orphnaecus sp. Samar now? Kinda lame haha. Selenocosmia samarae has so much spunk to it, if you ask me
biggrin.png
true, though they moved some species to selenocosminae, but the ever popular S. philippinus is now O. philippinus

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back