Long Arm Shrimp

EddieW

Fish Addict
Joined
Feb 5, 2003
Messages
964
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
London, UK
A couple of pics of one of my Long Arm Shrimp who is very full of eggs. I doubt whether any will survive to adulthood as I have read that they are very very difficult to breed.

I think they are Chameleon Shrimp but it is difficult to get good photos as they prefer to hide under or behind everything. The largest one (male?) has dug out a deep pit under the heater at the back of the tank. When he does come out it is amazing how much he has grown - his arms and claws are about an inch or so long now.

And yes I do know the glass needs cleaning :P
 

Attachments

  • longarm1_600.webp
    longarm1_600.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 164
Ok - here is an egg laden Ghost Shrimp. Only managed to get this one from below so you can only see the eggs really.

The blue bit at the side is a suction cup for a thermometer so you can see how small this one is....

Eddie
 

Attachments

  • shrimp.webp
    shrimp.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 143

Most reactions

Back
Top