Halloumi Cheese- Wow! I Just Discovered It

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

shelaghfishface

the one and only
Reaction score
stir fried with onions and carrots,mushrooms,then place on a bed of sweet salad with cherry tomatoes,its made from sheeps and goats milk and boy its good, it can be used in place of chicken,i reckon :)

if anyone else had a recipie for it i would love to hear it :)
shelagh xxx

yum... i like it just bbq so is all googy. or half a red pepper and but a slice of halloumi in, drizzle some garlic olive oil then grill. :drool:

yum... i like it just bbq so is all googy. or half a red pepper and but a slice of halloumi in, drizzle some garlic olive oil then grill. :drool:

This is the classic presentation of Halloumi in Cyrus, its country of origin.

Shelagh, you are correct that it can be used as a replacement for chicken. Just grill it first to give it colour and you can basically do anything with it.

serve it as a starter fried in olive oil and with a nice soup to dip it into. :good:

I grill or fry it with some olive oil and chilli. Makes a nice snack in front of the tv if you cut the cubes small enough.

There is also a spiced paneer recipe that you can make easily with haloumi.

Nothing, i repeat, nothing on this earth could be used in place of chicken. Try telling the Colonel that Kentucky fried cheese is better... :angry:

...:lol:

honestly Gieff, try it, its lovely, im not a big fan of chicken,so this is deffo better :p its £2 something in tesco ( cheese section ), try it, you dont know what youre missing :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back