Feeding Bristlenoses

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

New Boy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
All,

You may have all noticed they I have posted three or four times asking for advice on how to get some food to my bristlenose catfish as they have now eaten all of the algae in the tank. The rest of my fish (see signature) ate everything that I put in the tank and dragged the algae wafers (about the size of a one pence piece) away from the bristles.

Well in an act of desperation I broke two wafers into lots of small gravel sized pieces and dropped them in and hey presto most of the fish seem to ignore them and the bristles visibly perk up when stumbling onto small bits sitting in the gravel!!

Made my weekend!

Hi newboy, you could always try feeding your bristlenoses blanched cucumber or courgette if the other fish catch on to the algae wafer trick! :thumbs:

Also feed the bristlenose the algae wafers at night after the lights go out. The bristlenose will be able to find the wafer in total darkness while the other fish are resting or can't find the food. It works for me in my 10G.

They won't touch the cucumber (or lettuce, or cucumber, etc, etc) and the labs and rapheal cats do.

Can't feed at night either as the raphael cats are like mini-vacuums and scare the bristles away from everything.

I'll be sticking to the broken algae wafers for a while I think as I've tried pretty much everything else

Most reactions

trending

Back