Cycled Tank, Fish Are Dying

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Millama109

Reaction score
Hi all! I just started my tank but cycled and water has been normal. Within 5 days, all 3 fish died. I attached some photos of what my water test results are. Please help!
20240318_133612.jpg
20240318_133704.jpg
20240318_133612.jpg

When you say it was cycled, what steps did you take before adding the fish? How long was it cycled for?

Irs a 10 gallon tank, i used bacteria to quick start it. 1 week
1 week isn't usually enough to cycle a tank, even with bacteria. I assume you mean bottled bacteria? That can help kick-start a cycle, although there is some debate. Unless you transferred a filter from a previous tank with bacteria in it, in which case that would help the cycle. Do you have plants in the tank? What is your water change regime? Do you have soft or hard water?

When you conduct your water test, make sure that they are done with total precision. water quantity and number of drops of reactants, time delay before reading the results.

It is not normal for the water level in the tubes to be under the 5ml line after adding the reactants.

What is the tap water conditioner you are using ?

From the color of you ammo test, you seems to have chloramine left in your water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back