Cory Eggs?

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
I might be completely off, but I thought I'd ask. Inchworm - this is a good one for you to answer, I'm sure. :p Anyways, today after cleaning by 2 1/2 gallon Minibow - with Jack the Betta, and 2 albino cories - I think I found a few eggs. I am almost positive my pair of cories is female/male, as one is quite a bit bigger with the rounded pecs, and the other has pointed ones. The eggs were very small, and I don't have a clue how big cory eggs are... I don't know what else these could be from though! I thought cories laid their eggs on plants too... but I couldn't find any anywhere. My guess is that perhaps they spawned after it was warm here for awhile and then we had a cold front move in (unheated tank but stays comfy temp). Then maybe they missed a few eggs when sticking them, and ate the rest later? -_- Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hi juliethegr8t :)

Yep! It sounds like cory eggs. :nod:

My corys usually spawn on the glass, but will sometimes lay them on plants. I even have pandas who are now spawning on the underside of a thermometer.

The first spawn could have just been small, but once they have gotten started you can be sure it will happen again.

When you want to breed them, move them to a tank of their own so that the eggs won't get eaten and condition them for a week or so on live or frozen blackworms.
Then, when you think they're ready, give the tank a good water change, dropping the temperature a few degrees, and leave the heater off overnight.

You should have eggs in a day or two. :kana:

Good luck with them. I'm sure you'll enjoy your baby corys. Please let me know if any from this batch hatch. :D

Most reactions

Back