Zoo's Need Light Right

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Matthew5664

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi Got some free beeys with some LR the other day and these are the first thing in my tank one of the Zoo's ( button poly I think) is brown and has a disc like 'head' with tenticals comming out of it. He seems to like where he is. However the other one looks the same but is white and in a little hole in the rock away from the light, so me being the 'nube' I am moved the rock round so it got some light, immediately it closed up witch i thought was very funny being a 'light loving invert'. After a cople of mis it still hadn't come out so i moved the rock back a 'POP' out he came.

Can anyone help me I'm a little confused with this behavior. I know some coral don't need that much light but this one is in near darkness! I took me 5 days to spot it ( and belive i look every night for hours)

some corals are sensative to light even if they like it. If it has been accustomed to darker conditions try moving it a little bit at a time into the light and acclimating it that way to the brighter lighting.

They really dont need tht much light. Mine did the same thing urs did at first i had lik 3 polyps but 2 of the 3 curled up kinda and died. One survived and now i have about 8, 2 months after getting the coral. So just let it be dont stress the coral to much, if it wants more light it will reach around to find some.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back