Zoos,how Long Till They Open?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

dorskh

Reaction score
Whats up everyone...so i bought some zoo frags and they arrived thursday. today it is friday night and they still havent really opened up...any suggestions? should i be worried?
Kenny

Kennyd.....need the info man...params, lighting, s.g. etc.....it' always worrisome when frags don't open after acclimation. They can and do recover if they are closed for a short period. SH

lighting is stock jbj naocube 24gdx,ph is at 8.2,nitrates at 5 ppm, 0 nitirtes,0 amonia, salinity is at 1.023...they are like trying to poke open but just dont,,it is the colorful ones only
Kenny

How did you aclimate them? What was the salinity at the store where you purchased? Zoos are pretty hardy, I had a couple survive my live rock cycle. It might also be aclimating to the current setup's lighting.

i ordered them from seacrop.com so i am not sure what the salinity was. i just moved them up higher in the tank..it is funny,,the not bright colored ones opened right up but anything with bright color is kinda half open or completely closed....really getting frustrating
Kenny

Do you have water params for Calc and Alk? I have found my zoas havnyt openend either. I have read Calc and Alk can play an important role in getting your zoas opening.

Mine had a small infestation of a flea, so i FW dippedthem and they have shown signs of opening. Check to see if there are any nudi's, fleas or other things living on your zoas. Use a magnifing glass if need be. :)

well they are starting to open now...thanks for the suggestions! guess they just needed some time!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back