Zoas Get Disturbed A Few Times A Day

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dilbert

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all!

On Saturday, I bought at Interfish in Ossett a small "gap filler" piece of live rock with zoas for GBP 7.50.

I put the piece of live rock on the sandbed and everything is fine, so far. Some polyps opened already a few hours later, and the subsequent days some start already with the meager 15 W tube and later when the 11 W spot from Arcadia starts all polyps appear.

Only unpleasant thing I noticed is that from time to time one of those stupid cleaner shrimps tramples over this piece of rock and then about half of the polyps close. About half an hour later they are out again.

Does those disturbances harm the zoas?

no, happens all the time, in tanks, in the wild etc

Yeah. My blood shrimp does this quite often. Normally when I have my camera out and about to take photos of the tank.... (nice to end up with lots of photos of closed up corals and a blood shrimp jumping around like a loon thinking its going to be fed).

As Musho said it happens in the wild too so is not a big problem (as long as the shrimp aren't trying to pull them apart to get food from them... stupid blood shrimp, good job its pretty).

my hermits love to dig in between the polyps to get any debris that gets stuck in there, theres almost always a crab in on of my colonies. It's fine. Move them up higher off of the substrate to avoid this.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back