Zoanthids

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Crazy fishes

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Just a quickie...... I have individual polyps leaving my Zoa and free floating around the tank. They have kept their colour and in one incidence have set up another colony somewhere else in the tank. Is this normal??? I have hear that mushrooms do this but Zoa??

Many thanks

Regards

dont see how this isnt natural, they have to spread somehow in the wild....

They don't usually do this, although it's not unheard of...

There is something else with the Zoa........ The picture shows a patch of the colony that never opens and has started to collect a collar of algae. What do you make of this. This GSP and the rest of the same colony is opening fully. I am at a loss.......

Many thanks

Regards

There is something else with the Zoa........ The picture shows a patch of the colony that never opens and has started to collect a collar of algae. What do you make of this. This GSP and the rest of the same colony is opening fully. I am at a loss.......

Many thanks

Regards

I can't seem to attach the picture...... the little bar is missing???

Oh, I know the answer to this one. IP Board software does not allow you to attach images in post replies. I think they just didn't code it in... You'll have to start a new thread if you want to post pics :good:

Oh, I know the answer to this one. IP Board software does not allow you to attach images in post replies. I think they just didn't code it in... You'll have to start a new thread if you want to post pics :good:

Ski, I sent you the pictures after you PMed me! Emmmm they are still not opening and my tank is really becoming a haven for the macro algae. I keep on pruning but it comes back twice as fast. May have to move to the refugium soon and let it lose back there....... What lighting do you use for your refugium SH??

Regards

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back