Zoa Loosing Polyps

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Morri

Fish Herder
Reaction score
One of my Zoas seems to be loosing polyps on a daily basis am I correct in believing I should dip it in RO water to kill any unwelcome visitors if so do I need to bring the RO up to temp or not?

could be parasite (e.g. nudibranch or zoa spider) or could be melting due to too much light? what lighting have you got them under?

if you need to dip it, bring the RO up to the same temperature, then dip it a few times (i usually keep it in there for 5-10 secs each time) and give it a good shake before putting the zoas back in the main display. if there is anything nasty on it you should see them fall off.

could be parasite (e.g. nudibranch or zoa spider) or could be melting due to too much light? what lighting have you got them under?

if you need to dip it, bring the RO up to the same temperature, then dip it a few times (i usually keep it in there for 5-10 secs each time) and give it a good shake before putting the zoas back in the main display. if there is anything nasty on it you should see them fall off.

Lighting is onlt PCs so should not be an issue I will dip them tonight thanks

when you say losing, are they coming loose or actually dieing/melting? do you have any other zoa's and/or corals? are these corals ok? how longhave you had these zoa's? what fish do you have? if the zoa's are unhappy, dipping them may help, but may also cause more stress.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back