Zero ammonia, nitrate and nitrites?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Calistmo

Reaction score
Its been a couple months now with zero ammonia, nitrates and nitrites. I read somewhere that as a tank cycles you get some of each, but mine never changes. Tank is a few months old and the plants/shrimp/fish/snails seem to be going good. I test every few days but it's always the same.

This means my tank is healthy right? I do weekly 30% changes with a gravel vac... Should I go to bi-weekly changes? 7.5g tank

Attachments

• PXL_20210422_014128893.jpg
    PXL_20210422_014128893.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 46
  • PXL_20210422_014643768.jpg
    PXL_20210422_014643768.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 39
If you have lots of plants and only a few small fish, and you don't feed them too much, then the plants will keep ammonia, nitrite & nitrate levels at 0ppm.

You need a picture on the back of your tank to make the fish feel more secure.

If you have lots of plants and only a few small fish, and you don't feed them too much, then the plants will keep ammonia, nitrite & nitrate levels at 0ppm.

You need a picture on the back of your tank to make the fish feel more secure.
Will do!

I've found that no ammonia, nitrate and nitrite. Tested twice a week so I decided to put platy s in and there loving it

I've slight nitrate now I just use seachem prime and all sorted. I've zero ammonia and nitrite is at the second colour

If you have nitrite and nitrate, the nitrate test kit is reading nitrite as nitrate and giving you a false nitrate reading.

Don't bother testing for nitrate until the ammonia and nitrite have both gone up and come back down to 0ppm.

Nitrate test kits read nitrite as nitrate.

I didn't know this cheers Ive got about 8 plattys in the aquarium is 240 l. I ll stick with them stall I until ammonia goes up and I see done conversion. My platys are absolutely fine

I didn't know this cheers Ive got about 8 plattys in the aquarium is 240 l. I ll stick with them stall I until ammonia goes up and I see some conversion. My platys are absolutely

Attachments

• IMG_20210511_162327.jpg
    IMG_20210511_162327.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 36

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back