Zebra Plecs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

eldomingo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi :)
i was just wondering how much people have paid or have seen zebra plecs for? cos my boyfriend really wants one and he's done all his research bless him. :blush:

Then no doubt he'll know he needs at least 4... Last time I looked, they were about £150 each for a 2" juvi. Most at that time were imported from Germany, and the exchange rate with the Euro has realy dipped since then... That would mean, assuming the price in Germany hasn't moved, that they are now going for arround £300 each over here... Thats £1200 to start keeping them :crazy:

ouch, well there go my birthday presents for the next decade :p
i'm just glad it's him that's gotta find that kinda money and not me :D

the cheapest thing to do is find them locally. i dont need one or want one because theyre still costly in the fact you need to pay for them and also the whole new set up. and a set up with zebra plecs isnt going to look cheap either

Then no doubt he'll know he needs at least 4... Last time I looked, they were about £150 each for a 2" juvi. Most at that time were imported from Germany, and the exchange rate with the Euro has realy dipped since then... That would mean, assuming the price in Germany hasn't moved, that they are now going for arround £300 each over here... Thats £1200 to start keeping them :crazy:

all about rite lol but why are u under the impression u need 4 ? very curious lol

you could keep one like I did very successfully about 15 yrs ago, however it would be ideal to keep more to try and breed them to help the hobby

Your in Liverpool so you couldtry Pier Aquatics in Wigan. They were £125 each there quite often over the summer

Quiet a bit of money in breeding them i would think if you raised 20 fry thats £2500

I am by no means implying its simple

All i have ever managed to breed is platies (you carn't fail) and wcmms not much harder

I hope you do get zebras and maybe your boyfriend will manage to breed them if he does enough resurch

all about rite lol but why are u under the impression u need 4 ? very curious lol

I was given the impression when I looked into them that they were an ususual plec, in that they shoal... I was advised to get 4 by several sources. They don't need to be kept species only, but they will want spot on water, and that is hard for an experienced aquarist to provide for these guys, so if you are just getting into the hobby, I'd surgest these possibly aren't for you :sad:

All the best
Rabbut

I was given the impression when I looked into them that they were an ususual plec, in that they shoal... I was advised to get 4 by several sources. They don't need to be kept species only, but they will want spot on water, and that is hard for an experienced aquarist to provide for these guys, so if you are just getting into the hobby, I'd surgest these possibly aren't for you :sad:

All the best
Rabbut

the dont need 2 be in groups obviously its bette just for simple reason of they will feel more confident.. but not a nessesity .... species tank yes not very good with competing for food so any semi aggressive fish are out of the question but u could have some placid top dwellers guppies . endlers that sort ... spotlessly clean water is a must and also plenty of flow ...and agree not for the unexperienced plec keeper but are absolutley stunning :)

jen

If your b/f or yourself are willing to travel (hertfordshire) then I can sort you some out for a reasonable price.

If your b/f or yourself are willing to travel (hertfordshire) then I can sort you some out for a reasonable price.

PM me ur reasonable price m8 if u dont mind :) and if ur willing 2 sell and the price is rite lol then i may be willing 2 buy some aswell :)

thanx jen

i have seen some on pleco fanatics i think for £70 each for juvi, which is very reasonable, compared to the prices being quotes on this thread!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back