Zebra Lobsters (Freshwater)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

mandi

Fish Addict
Reaction score
A guy my boyfriend works with has baby "Zebra Lobsters" (freshwater) in his tank at work and is giving them away. I was interested in getting 1 or 2 (or however many would be appropriate). I have two empty cycled tanks right now (was previously using them for platy fry) -- a 10 gallon with a sponge filter in it, and an Eclipse system 6. I would be okay with using either one (whatever you all think would be best). Right now both are totally bare-bottom with just some java moss in them.

I was wondering what kind of habitat they need/prefer -- as in, sand or gravel? lots of rocks/caves? do they need areas above the water? do they try to escape? etc.

Also, what kinds of foods do they require? Are they hard to take care of? I've had excellent luck with fish (freshwater & saltwater) but I've never had a lobster/crayfish before.

Any other advice/links would be helpful. I'm having trouble googling Zebra Lobster and getting any results ... though I think they *may* be the same thing as an Asian Tiger Lobster? But I'm not sure.

Here's a couple pics he e-mailed me of the adults if it helps --

lobster2.jpg

lobster1.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back