Zebra Danios swim with nose to top

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Cool, but trying to help doesn't need to include assuming that I think this is easy and that I haven't put thought into what I've been doing. Yes, I'm new and I've made mistakes,but that doesn't mean that I'm not taking this seriously.
I agree, but I would also note that no one has said that you think it is easy or that you are not taking it seriously.

When someone new comes in asking about dead or dying fish, and in the absence of facts and data we ask questions - So that we can help:

Did you condition the water?
What are your water parameters (tank and tap)?
Type of fish, how many?
Pictures?
Where did you get the fish, how long ago?

We aren't trying to be rude, insulting, or condescending - We are looking for facts and data to make informed accurate diagnosis and suggestions. We may offer suggestions (e.g. Doubt anything your hear from an LFS) because of the corporate knowledge of the community here and we may not know all your thoughts, experience, or actions. There are folks here with decades, even a lifetime, of raising and breeding fish, some have acquaintances with industry experts. I would hazard to say that there are several here on TFF that are more knowledgeable than most LFS/LPS employees.

One last thing to remember is that responses are read by many people, not just the OP, so are often written to also provide useful information to those with different skills and experiences but do have a similar question or problem.

feel that you have fallen headlong into the trap in thinking fishkeeping is easy peasy and that the shop has told you a load of bunkum in regard to your water chemistry.
Look, I don't want to get stuck in he said she saids but I didn't just make this up.

I have the harlequin Rasboras and they're doing fine. Besides some glass surfing they seem to be adjusting well. Still eating, they play around, they seem to be fine. It's been a bit under a day.

I do appreciate the help everyone has given me. I just don't appreciate being told that I think this is easy or insinuating that I don't take this seriously.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back