Zebra Danios fry??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sandracosta

Reaction score
Hello guys ! It's me again but this time and unexpected I found a fry I believe it's from my Danios I don't know which ones are female and male all I know is I have 4 of them one of each I got a zebra Danio a spotted Danio a rose Danio and a pearl Danio and as I'm all new I don't think I ever saw their eggs or even babies I was about to change my water tomorrow but now I'm worried and confused of what should I do and is it actually a Danio fry? I attached a photo hope you can spot it as it's so freaking small it was my son who spotted in the tank I've got lots of gravel and a couple of live plants and a few hiding spots where my fishes like to hide sometimes.
Please please help me and I would appreciate lots of advice about should I do water change normal and Ive put the little fry in the breading box hoping he can survive and not excape also I don't have yet any liquid food for frys and it's all closed now until tomorrow morning
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20220125_181508.jpg
    IMG_20220125_181508.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 33
Yes I also have 4 platies 3 rose barbs and 1 Chinese algae eater,I I'm really interested too I never saw any eggs but I literally found this little guy so do you think it can be a Danio fry ? I have a pregnant platy too but I don't think she's due just now I've done another thread about her and all information given was not due just now but in the next week or less and I believe the Fry's are a little bigger than the Danios frys

Some platies can have fry without ever looking pregnant, one of mine didn’t look gravid when I bought her but lo and behold she had 30 something fry two days later.

It doesn't seem to be a platy from that photo angle. Can you post a photo of the fish from the side?
If there are holes/slats in the breeding box, put tights over it to prevent escape.
Add live plants or dried leaves (almond, oak, beech) to the breeder box. The organics harbour tiny infusoria food.
Or a finely crushed flake could feed platies.

It doesn't seem to be a platy from that photo angle. Can you post a photo of the fish from the side?
If there are holes/slats in the breeding box, put tights over it to prevent escape.
Add live plants or dried leaves (almond, oak, beech) to the breeder box. The organics harbour tiny infusoria food.
Or a finely crushed flake could feed platies.
Thank you so much it's so so small I cannot find better pictures will try tomorrow if he's still alive I put him in a breeding box and he did escape but I found him again believe it was the same one but only one so far and I've put a tight over it now and I did crushed some flakes until get liquid fry food don't have many plants but do have some moss balls should I put it inside de breading box?

Yes, the moss ball will have food on/in it.
Glad you found it again :)

Yes, the moss ball will have food on/in it.
Glad you found it again :)
Thank you I couldn't find no more,because they're so tiny they might be hiding I don't know but the one I saved I've managed to put in a breeding box with a tight over it so he don't escape again 24 hours has passed since he is in the breading box gave him crushed flakes and he is still alive swimming around I guess it's a good sign. 😊

Set up some caves 3-5mm above the gravel so they have somewhere to hang out and feel safe. It looks like either a danio or barb to me.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back