Zebra Danio Missing An Eye

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mgeoghan

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 20 gallon community tank and I woke this morning to find that one of my zebra danios is missing an eye. Does anyone know what the odds are of it surviving or if there is anything I can do to help it out? If not should I remove the fish from the tank? I unfortunately do not have a hospital tank to put him in.

from what ive read they can survive perfectly fine with only one eye, but imsure others will be able to help you out more :D

Hi, I have a 20 gallon community tank and I woke this morning to find that one of my zebra danios is missing an eye. Does anyone know what the odds are of it surviving or if there is anything I can do to help it out? If not should I remove the fish from the tank? I unfortunately do not have a hospital tank to put him in.

He should be fine, However it is important for you to find out what has caused this, What other fish do you have in the tank?

He should be fine, However it is important for you to find out what has caused this, What other fish do you have in the tank?

I have some 2 black veiled and 1 white veiled tetras, a silver tip tetra, one otto cat, a rainbow, 4 khuli loaches 3 neons, one other danio, and a clown loach which is only 3 or so inches long.

I have some 2 black veiled and 1 white veiled tetras, a silver tip tetra, one otto cat, a rainbow, 4 khuli loaches 3 neons, one other danio, and a clown loach which is only 3 or so inches long.

It was possibly caused by the lone clown loach, he should really be in a larger tank with around 2-3 if not more of his own kind. a lone clown loach is usually unpredictable and much more skittish than if kept in a group.
Also your tetras and danios are also shoaling fish so really you need to have a minimum of 3-4 (ideally 6 or more) of each to see their true beauty and to make them feel more at home in your tank.

Most reactions

trending

Back