Zebra Danio Babies

AAJ

Reaction score
It seems my Zebra Danio's have had babies. They are microscopic in size.

What is the best way to care for these new arrivals, such as proper food and housing? :eek:

Congratulations, ours have spawned a few times but everyone else eats the eggs before we get any babies.

How did you do it - what are they in a tank with?.

They were in a tank with goldies but the ammonia levels were always rising so I removed the goldies and added one Betta. While I was viewing the betta, I noticed some microscopic activity in front of him. Upon closer inspection, I realized it must have been a zebra baby. I then started spotting them on plants, rocks, etc. I've been removing them with an eye dropper and placing them in the betta container. So far there are 10. I'm still searching.:fish: :fish:

Oh right so they were in cold water?. Ours are in with our Tropical fish - maybe thats why we haven't had any babies?. Well good luck with them and keep us posted with the baby pics!

They will probably be eaten soon, you may want to catch them. I raised mine in a really fine net, suspended over the tank. When they got to big for that I got a tank divider. You could always buy another tank. I don't like breeding traps though, I kept losing them.
For feeding I use tetra baby powder, pets at home sell it and its great in my opinion. I've heard food like liquifry can pollute the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back