Zebra Anemones

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

wrs

Michelle's Hot
Reaction score
my LFS had these for sale for a very cheap price, and I noticed teh tank didnt have any lights on in it. They usually sell their anemones for at least $100, and since I noticed this was a lot cheaper, and it a dark tank, I was wondering if this one was an easy to keep one that didnt demand a lot of lighting?

Any info on it would be great. I can't find any info on them.

Seeing a species in an LFS and assuming those requirements suit the creature is really in-accurate. The LFS only holds the creatre for so long (a week or two). Hence they dont really need to give the creature the right requirements for it to survive long term in your tank, and you want it to obvisouly live as long as possible! :)

Im also not familar with any anemone that goes by the name of Zebra. Could you please elloborate and give us a species name if you can find one.

Thats all it said, Zebra Anenome. They have a zebra pattern too them, not sure if that would help. They have tenticals too, but it seems that a lot of anenomes do, so that probably wont help either.

Yeah, those look like them, lol.

Wow, those are kinda cool-looking. But I have never seen or heard anything about them.

Remember, all anemones are difficult to keep.

-Lynden

Almost forgot to post this--I recently saw some "zebra" nems an LFS that were a red/pink version of the ones I posted the pic of. No real black to speak of, just white, pink and red. Patterning was the same, so I assume it is either a color morph or a related species. I overheard the head marine guy (not your average salesman--this guy knows his stuff) talking to a customer about them and he was saying they were one of the easier nems to keep. He did say that good light was indeed a requirement, and the tank in the store was very well lit. So, an unlit tank probably won't be too good for those zebra anemones' helath if they stay there.

It will almost certainly need good lighting and perfect water conditions. Never seen this type before but its definately not the hosting type so dont risk clowns wiht it or they may become lunch

Yep, the ones I saw were not in with clowns or many fish at all for that matter.

I've seen coldwater species with similar patterns, but never seen anything in an LFS. I figure you could put one in under a ledge in a brightly light tank and target feed and it would move into the light if it needed it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back