Zac Carbo Plus

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

aquamanis

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi people, I was looking into getting a CO2 injection kit when I came across a new product that claims it produces CO2 by way of electrolysis. It plugs into the mains and uses disposable carbon plates. They want $250 aud for it which is cheaper to setup than gas but the carbon plates cost $70 aud each and last 2 months. I,m wondering if it really works as I like the thought of not having a gas bottle hanging around. Has anybody any Knowlegde or experience with these gizmos?

Our Discus tank (i work in an LFS) is using one. Its a very neat design, one lead from the plug to the control unit, then one from control unit to the CO2 producing "Sandwich ".

The control panel works where you twist the dial and a green light shows up on top, its somat like 1 green bar per X amount of gallons.
I know they say they need to be changed every 2 months, but thats if its running flat out. Our one has lasted about 6 months before a change. And remember because they're sole purpose is to make money, they'll want you to replace it more often than needed. Definatly better than fiddely CO2 bottles and abit more reliable that Hagen's Nutrafin Yeast CO2 kits.

Our store has sold about 50 since we got them a year and a half ago. Never had one faulty, Never had one returned, and Never heard anything but praise about them!

Let me know what you decide ;)

Thanks for that Jackson, I have just ordered one via mailorder. It should be here next week, I,ll let you know how I go. BTW I had to order one via the internet becuase only one LFS (I phoned at least 20) had any idea of what I was talking about and they didn,t stock them. Even the nutrfin yeast kits aren,t here yet, Geez when will we catch up in OZ.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back