Yup, Kribs Have Laid Yet Again, Lol

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fatheadminnow

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I walked into my room on Sunday to witness my Kribs spawning. There are A LOT of eggs this time! I have removed a couple snails (which I think ate a lot of my eggs last batch) so hopefully I will have a lot of fry this time.

-FHM

congrats,
we have fry too about 100 of them, they are about 2 weeks freeswimming,
do you seperate yours from theyre parents?

Wow, congrats! They have not hatched yet. I separate all my fry from the parents at about 3 weeks. I have two other tanks setup with A LOT of Krib fry. I have been seriously breeding them since last year fall. So I have a fair bit of fry, lol.

Congrats again on the 100 fry! Mine have yet to lay that much at one time. I am hoping this time, maybe there will be near that many!

-FHM

the parents are only about an inch long(male about 1 1/2)
hopefully they will live and we will be able to home them,
our lfs sells kribs for 15 euro(about 20 dollars) each so hopefully he will give us a little store credit

Sounds to me like they will be just fine. Yeah, hopefully your LFS will give you something for them. I plan on selling mine at auctions this summer.

-FHM

What kind of snails are they? Because I have a million pond snails in my 39 gallon, and my kribs just laid eggs, so I hope they don't eat them... :/ I already took the bristlenose plecs out....
Thanks & congrats. :)
-f_f!

Thanks!

I have absolutely no clue as to what Kind of snails they are? They were really small ones.

I made a thread a while back about it, not sure where that thread is now?

-FHM

lol, Here it is:

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/319872-question-about-snails-eating-my-fishes-eggs/page__hl__snails__fromsearch__1

-FHM

Those are ramshorns that you have. I just have pond snails. They don't get as big, but they breed even more readily. I suppose that since the snails didn't eat/destroy the bettas' eggs that I had, they won't bother the krib eggs. (I hope.... :/)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back