Yoyo Loach

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RedStarFishy

Reaction score
I read that yoyo loach like to be in groups of three or more but aren't a schooling fish. i have just recently got two and they follow each other around, its adorable! should i get a third one? how urge is a third (ie, would the two be ok with each other, at least for a little bit of time)? thanks!

All loaches (which aren't catfish, wrong section!) are social and yes, if you have the room you should get a third..and a fourth..and fifth..and....

2 will be fine but obviously they arent as characteristic and active if they arent in groups. I had 2 in my 15G for a while, but they have just had 2more friends join them ready to go into the 50G soon.

Ben

I've got four and they're a lot more active than when there were only two. Great little fishes with character. Make sure you have plenty of places for them to hide in or they'll jostle each other for what's available.

Yes, I agree as well, they show greater activity when in larger groups.

SirMinion said:
All loaches (which aren't catfish, wrong section!)
Hehe and this is why it says newbie under my name.... ;) :p

So, the two will be ok, just less active? its not like schooling fish where they get stressed out with less members?

Keeping more would be better, but if getting more will overstock your tank, then 2 will have to do.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back