Your Views

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It's down to whether you can accept not having all the answers or not really....everyone is different...it will always have a "purpose" for some I think...we all think differently and all need different answers...it's not a case of right or wrong, it's a case of different shades of grey IMHO.

For me personally I still like the idea that god is just another word for life, that way I can accept that there is a god and still agree with all of science...
good.gif

The thing that has bothered me the most is the churches lack of addmiting to science,this is a true fact it took the church till 1998 to support the fact the the earth is not the center of the universe.

Once again not trying to be anti religion in any way shape or form

The thing that has bothered me the most is the churches lack of addmiting to science,this is a true fact it took the church till 1998 to support the fact the the earth is not the center of the universe.
Yes it's true, science has tried to explain it's theories in a way that better fits the churches position on religion in the past, but it has never really happened the other way around...there is a need for the church to embrace modern thinking which I am sure Kribensis12 can explain...

I see churches and religion separately. Religion is a belief strcture. A church is either just a building used for worship, or the term used for the business of exploiting the religion.

Yes it's true, science has tried to explain it's theories in a way that better fits the churches position on religion in the past, but it has never really happened the other way around...there is a need for the church to embrace modern thinking which I am sure Kribensis12 can explain...

Actually, there is a explanation for that. Back in the 50's and 60's, the Christian Church was growing at a astounding pace. It settled out in the 70's and the Christian Church had a fairly constant amount of members, and in the 90s, that started to decline. Why? Because the Church took the "stand back" approach, they figured that what worked in the 50's and 60's would work for the 90's. Obviously, it didn't. The reason the Church has so adamantly fought against science is because of the lack of education and understanding. Now that the school systems have started improving the focus on science people have a better understanding. There are many , many theories that are commonly accepted by Theologians that agree with science, and some that disprove science, with well, science. So it does not appear that I am preaching on here (which I fear it may viewed that way) if anyone has any questions about the Christian Faith, just PM me.

this is just a question but where does it say in the bible that god is against homosexuality? and even if tey were its a sin and god forgives sins so then wouldnt it still be sorta ok?

I believe in the Book of Romans it says somethings along the lines of "Do not have sexual relations with another man, for it is wrong and defiling". If you want the actual quote, I'll dig it up. Sure, you'll be forgiven for your sins, if you ask for it. But that is besides the point. Everyone lies and that's a sin. God will still forgive you of it, but that doesn't mean you should just keep lying because you'll be forgiven. Someone who is devoted to living a JC like life, should avoid sining. Just trying to clarify that for you.

I personally believe that there may have been or be something which triggered existence but it is far beyond our comprehension as humans and i do not believe we can understand something this complex.

Betta5 let's have some respect to people's beliefs.

Oh yeah thats another reason I don't like religion. They spead the hate againsed the gays.
lets just say a big wizard in the sky started it

Oh yeah thats another reason I don't like religion. They spead the hate againsed the gays.

That totally depends on the religion, in some it is forbidden, and in others if you commit you can repent your sins by asking for forgiveness.

How is one any better than the other? Both are saying its wrong. One you just can be forgiven for.

Betta5 let's have some respect to people's beliefs.

lets just say a big wizard in the sky started it

Those are my beliefs. Why can't you respect mine?

That totally depends on the religion, in some it is forbidden, and in others if you commit you can repent your sins by asking for forgiveness.

How is one any better than the other? Both are saying its wrong. One you just can be forgiven for.

It isn't, you said that they spread hatred against the gays which isn't true, they just believe that it isn't right, you don't see the religious followers going round protesting against gays and spreading their hatred for them.

Ok guys lets stop that before it goes down hill,just respect every ones right to practice there own religion and there right to believe what they want to believe.

And truck I have seen people who where very religious protest against gay rights,I live in a state that allows it,so there are many protests.

There's so much evidence kicking religion in the teeth nowadays that unless you feel the need to have a greater purpose in life/believe there is more after deatj, or are brought up on religion, then there is no reason for you to be religious.
However, the idea of some sort of possibility of a higher power completely beyond us is something I could still comprehend, since there's still so much unknown.

It isn't, you said that they spread hatred against the gays which isn't true, they just believe that it isn't right, you don't see the religious followers going round protesting against gays and spreading their hatred for them.

Its no different from me saying "being black is wrong, its an abomination and you are going to go to hell because of it". And yes you do see the religious followers going around protesting agaised gays, they happily protest it, with their kids. Thats spreading hate.

I think people should believe what they want, but when they start effecting other peoples lives negatively, its to far. Believe what you want, but I don't want to hear about it.

Also whats with the constant warnings. Everyone is still being civilised. Debates are always going to get slightly heated. Whats wrong with that? It doesn't have to be strictly watched for any ounce of disagreement.

Whats the point in debating something if we arnt allowed to say anything.

I have been on forums that get alot worse, and they are animal ones. Most people here keep it clean and on topic anyways.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back