Your Top 3 Marine Fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

jaffacake

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what is everyone's top 3 types of fish here? It doesn't matter if you have them in your tank or not, or if they're in order or preference, can be by looks, temperament ..anything. Just want to look into some more kinds and hopefully it can give people some more to research of ideas for their tank.

I'll start!

ocellaris clownfish - easy to look after, funny to watch as a pair
coral beauty - striking colours, seems really active even if mine does go around the tank all day eating everything on the LR
longnose butterflyfish - i don't have one of these but they look fantastic, love the way it looks like these guys have a little hairdo!

1 Mandarin Dragonet - Sheer stunning beauty.

2 Flasher Wrasse - Stunning colourations, character to watch.

3 Lionfish - Stunning graceful movement, sweetest of faces.

Clownfish would be Next.

1. Spotted Mandarin - Beautiful colours

2. Firefish - Not sure why, I just love them.

3. Lionfish - They stand out so much!

YF

well lets start

achilles tang
blue faced angel
gold flake angel i have manage to keep one of these for 4 years one of the hardest marine angels to keep in the home aquarium

I can't realy give a "top three", so I'll try for a top twenty :lol:

Clownfish in general - all individuals that you can get attached to and tell appart easily
Manderin Dragonettes - stunning colours
Royal Gramma - as above
Copperband Butterfly - as above, but more outgoing once settled. Tricjy one to feed (usually) though
Yellow Prawn Goby - stunning colours and always a challenge to find if food isn't about...
Algea Blenny - bags of personality and very entertaining to watch
Purple Firefish - stunning colours

All the best
Rabbut

lionfish
porcupine puffer
snowflake moray

1. Flame Prawn Goby (Discordipinna griessingeri)

2. Mandarin Dragonette (Synchiropus splendidus)

3. Helfrichi Firefish (Nemateleotris helfrichi)

Hmmm there are loads :)

Top three would have to be:
1) Lyretail Anthias - Lovely fish, amazing colour and great temperament. Have had a single female for awhile now and now I have upgraded my tank Im going to try her with to new ones.
2) Mandarin Dragonet (or any other dragonet really) - Hard to keep but amazing looking fish with tons of personality
3) Mystery Wrasse - Very, Very pretty fish. Would love to get one but cant justify spending £150+ on a fish.

My favourite fish in general are wrasses and anthias, they just tend to look really amazing.

Oh heck, just three, I can't do it............

So

Scribble Anthias - a harem :drool:
Porcupine Puffer - such a big charmer
A wrasse, but which one........I can't answer this as I am still pondering this for my tank but a harem
A Mandy
Scarlet hawk fish
Cooperband
Yellow banded maroon clown
and a shoal of anthias maybe lyretails

oh I could go on and on but you asked for three and I gave you eight :blink:

Seffie x

:fish:

oh dear, just thought left one off - Helfrichi Firefish, a pair

Regal Angel (Red Sea)

Snowcasso's (pair)

Leopard Wrasse, Scott's Fairy Wrasse, Radiant Wrasse, Christmas Wrasse

(Can't tell what will be in my 90g can you? :lol: )

:crazy: 3 :crazy:

Well... i cant do three! so here are some top favs.

1 - Volitans/Radiata lionfish, Dogface Puffer (a personality and a half!), Flying Gurnards, Mandarins, seahorses!
2- Emperor Angel, Majestic Angel, Asfur Angel, Collare Butterfly, Dot Dash Butterfly, Copperband Butterfly, Midnight Angel, Keyhole Angel, Eibl Angel.
3- Achilles Tang, Chevron Tang, Grey Shoulder Tang? NOT Juvie tho, Lipstick Tang, Clown Tang. :crazy:
4- Yellow Banded Maroon Clown, Clarkii and Allards Clowns, Purple Tangs, Black Tangs, Scooter Dragonettes, Pipefish, jawfish!!

so many to choose...i just....i cant do it!! :rolleyes:

No one mentioned tank size so here goes,lol.....

wobbegong..stunning little shark
zebra moray eel..as above
radiata lionfish...true super model lion here

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back