your help needed

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

cryosi

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
hi i recently bought a pair of zebra chocolate plec and on talking to the guys who run planet catfish they feel that my plecs are these plec my pic is in members pics under zebra1 think!

would appreaciate your comments, cos i will going back to petshop to demand their explanation if general consensus says they are not zebras! thanxs for your help and input guys and gals

for those parties interested andi and slt the shop says they will get in an other chocolate zebra for me! wahey!

Thanxs to all those that helped out, slt, andi and william...... much appreciated...... :D :D

:( Hey cry, if the shop says they are zebras, they're right! the fish have got stripes ain't they?. Seriously, different lfs's call different fish what they like!!! Unless you can get a latin name or a definate L no for a catfish you can never be sure what you're buying. :rolleyes: Mac.

rite MA have been selling L270 but they also got a shipment of L271 in as well from same place in brazil/peru.. different MA shops have been selling them seperate apart from mine, and i looked in aqualog book and i deff have one of each!
ur welcome to check me photos in members and see what u think can post a pic of the aqualog page as well if needed lol

Yeah, one of each.. Real Choc. Zebra seems to have steeper cranial profile and more 'network'style patterning. Also the Tiger dorsal has transluscent banding whereas the zebra has more opaque qualities. Tail on Tiger looks more forked to me as well.. :/

fed the choc some prawn love it would not touch mussel. blood wrorm soon goes. and the ancistrus have a liking for prawn too. wonder if me pic is up yet! *wnaders off to look* doubt it wil be yet * but i can look see*

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back