Your First Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mommyof2bettas

(\/)4R'/... betta freak
Reaction score
The title pretty much sums it up, what were/was your first fish?
Mine (still alive today) is my handsome boy Kenni the betta.

My very first fish were Guppies and Neon Tetra's. Of course I started with fish about 10 years ago. So those guys are no longer with me.

WHen I was 4( 9 years ago) my dad was a pastor and was giving out goldfish if you awnserd all the questions right and the awnser was giraffe and I got it right so I got 2 goldies!!!!!!!! They were awsome, but now I depise goldies with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns!!!!!!

My very first fish were in a 33g tank, Angels, Neon's, Guppies, Betta, Pleco, Balloon mollies, and harlequin rasboras. And this was about 6-8 years ago. But when I started seriously African cichlids in a 55g.

i did not want to keep fish to start with just crabs so i had a 2ft tank and got a few red crabs as they was never to be seen i got 2 mollies and a red tail shark then after that i just went fish mad and upgraded to where i am now

but my 1st 3 fish are still he now and all happy with there new tank mates :rolleyes:

My first setup was a 30 gal with 2 Gold Gouramis, a couple of Black Skirt Tetras, a Emerald cory, and a common plec (the regular newbie mistake). Unfortunately most of those were lost after hurricane Katrina. :(

After doing some serious research I restocked with Angelfish and still have those today, among other meaner cichlids in a 55gal that I acquired later.

My first fish was a beta named Freddy Five-Fingers, sadly he is no longer with us. I let my girlfriend take him home with her over summer vacation and he had a run in with her cat :crazy: Since then I have definately gotten more greedy with my fish and being weary of other taking care of them. I am going to have to be extra careful because she has since become my fiance so I am going to have to be extra dilligent in keeping my fish safe from her!

I have no idea what my first fish was. We has a tank when I was little and I just don't remember what we had.
I can tell ya what our first fish are since me and bf have gotten our first tank together :D

Our first fishies were 4 longfinned gold (or albino zebra) danios :)

My first fish was a Betta and he was beautiful. Sadly, he died from an infection. :-(

My first fish was a little goldfish won from a fairground when i was a littleun' which was kept in a small round tank. Didn't grow much, and met it's demise by trying to swallow the thick end of a piece of pondweed which was in the tank. It failed!

4 platys and 4 albino cories that cycled my first tank for me before i knew any better :blush:

the cories all died however I still had a couple fo the platys until about 9 months ago.

In my first tank just after cycling i got a group of neons, one of them is still alive and kicking in Ian's planted tank with the cardinal's, I also got 2 Opaline Gourami's within maybe 6 months of setting the tank up, they are both now happily residing with KathyM :good:

I knew most people would put goldfish or bettas.
When I think about it now I did get a betta before Kenni which I named Mr. Betta. Sadly, I just put him in tap water and put in SOOOOO much food. The next day my mom found him dead. Then I got Kenni and he came with a water conditioner. And lots of instructions which were actually good to follow. I started doing more research and now I love fish so much!

my first was a betta, appollo 1st, (now on appollo 3rd, have more than 3 bettas but not all named appollo, only one at a time)im aiming for appollo 13, donno why.

my first fish was a devil's hole pupfish and i've been interested in them ever since. If old Jimmy was here today, he'd be almost 40 years old!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back