Your Favourite Boxer...i Know, A Tough One :)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rich_77

Reaction score
People might deliberate about boxing...is it right, or wrong, should we even allow it...but I think it's a great sport.

I go back to Hagler and Hearns, in my own memory. Eubank and Benn too....even Frank Bruno nearly defeating Tyson in his prime.

Thanks to TV & Film, I have seen Jake La Motta, Muhammad Ali, Jack Johnson to name but three. Jack Dempsey's story is also very interesting.

Anyway, I've been criticised by some for having Boxing on my CV / Resume under hobbies & interests. But I hope you might be more welcoming !!

:)

I don't really have a favorite boxer. my uncle used to box, though. He did Muay Thai. It's Thai Kickboxing...

Nigel Benn would be my favorite British boxer, Had such a big heart and was a true warrior.

Prince Naseem Hamed also comes close, the way he could make other boxers look so stupid was great to watch, and the way he could avoid taking punches was breathtaking.

Then Mike Tyson is his prime, pure Animal :blink: if only he kept his head in the game he could have been the best of all time IMO.

Out of the current boxers I would have to say my favorite to watch would be Amir Khan, reason being is that all his fights are full of entertainment, where as watching the Klitschko brothers fight is worse than watching paint dry.

Can't say fer the new fighters. But Tyson was a street brawler, provred that against Holyfield. He was getting out boxed and went thug.
Ali was one of the all-time greats. Aside from his theatrics he was a studious technical fighter.
But George Foreman, just kept moving toward you.

im 27 and have been boxing and kickboxing for 3 years and Ive learnt a lot about the sport, my favourite boxer at the moment is manny pacquiao, hes just an awesome talent and following his previous "misfortune" I believe he's still one of the worlds best. I like victor ortiz, his childhood was terrible and hes a real fighter :) but most of all, its got to be rocky haha

I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned Ali.

He was the greatest, no doubt. Forget the man outside the ring for a moment (though, this is hard !). He was imense inside it and someone that could dazzle and excite, and yet beat a boxer the bookies thought he couldn't.

A real hero and someone that deserved a lot more respect in certain quarters.

Lennox Lewis was the ultimate boxer

To be fair, do you think Lennox would have done so well in another era ?

I mean, some of the people he was fighting weren't top class boxers, IMHO.

A while since I've been back here !

But wondering what you are now thinking ?

Currently, Froch must be up there ?  I think he's probably the best pound for pound fighter at the moment ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back