Your budgies

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

plecoperson

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I know when I got my beautiful budgie Jasmine in September, some other people had just got budgies at the same time. If you have a picture of your budgie, post it here and tell us a little about your bird, how you're doing with training, etc. It would be really interesting to see how your budgies are!

toeatornottoeat.jpg

this is Jasmine. Like I said I got her in September and she is a little 'orror!

She has a little mechanical budgie in her cage which talks to her when she pecks it on the head!
She hasn't become very tame but she has started to whistle to me when I whistle at her. Her wings were clipped when i got her but now she's had her moult and the feathers have grown back so now she can evade capture in my room for hours!

Awwwr, I don't have picture of my budgies scanned yet, so I'll have to come back tomorrow and edit the post. However, here's the info on all three of them.

Velveeta is a female of around 8 years age, possibly older (to be honest I forget when I got her.) She is almost completely yellow with a small splash of green on the belly. She was given to me by my mother after she killed my previous 'keet via carbon monoxide (she was cooking and the stove's fume hood backed up). She wasn't banded, was a little older than most pet store keets, and was very nervous and bitey. We tried taming her up for a good year but she never took to people so we got her a mate, Sky, who has since passed away due to a cancerous tumor. She seems to be a very angry bird; she is always attacking her toys brutally, squaking, and flapping her wings. She also has an amazingly fast metabolism and no matter how much she eats remains fairly thin. She can not be let out of her cage, but is in a very large enclose - 4ft H, 3ft W, 2.5ft D. She says "pretty" and that's about it.
Sigma and Theto were adopted from a woman with Parkinson's disease; she had gotten to the point where caring for them was very difficult. Both were extremely overweight and living in a very small cage with no perching when we got them. Once we could assure that they were healthy, we tried them in with Velveeta, and though they got along for a few weeks, Sigma suddenly stopped allowing Velveeta to eat, so they had to be separated. They are both in the same size enclosure as Velveeta, and are now "neighbors" with her instead of roommates.
Sigma is the female; she is green and standard looking, much like a wild budgie. She is very domineering and agressive to her mate, but doesn't harm him. She simply wears the pants in our keet family. The woman claims the bird is only two, but by the condition of her cere I'd say she is much older.
Theto is the male; he is blue with standard markings and a bit of white on his belly. He tends to overeat, but thankfully Sigma usually chases him off after a bit. He is very shy and nervous. He is supposedly one year old, and has no legband as the woman's neighbor bred him.

I haven't bothered taming up my parakeets because I seem to get them when they are already older and not fond of people. However, they have each other, a finch, and two parrots for company, so I think everyone is pretty happy ^^ Hopefully I'll have some pictures for you by tomorrow.

ok heres dolly,she a african grey,shes 16 weeks old and a complete pain at the moment shes spinning on my head doing the telephone ring

Attachments

• pebbles.jpg
    pebbles.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 57
and another,shes learning her first words,she can say,hello,what you doing,kiss kiss,and what have you done,,,she does the telephone at the moment

Attachments

• cats.jpg
    cats.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 59
A_003_22.jpg

Heres Louey
Hes about a year old and very cheeky, likes to sit on my hand and nibble his own feet :huh: and fly around like a nutter (hes not clipped and never will be as budgies should fly!!!) His favourite place to sit is ontop of the curtain rail form there he squaks at me (or laughs-can't decide!!) Hes just getting used to living by himself he used to live with 3 other budgies but since me and my boyfriend split hes been living with me and the other 3 are with my ex, so Louey is slowly getting used to me and starting to chatter away hopefully he'll learn to talk. he enjoys watching rugby, my fishtank and CSI!!! :lol:

I have Symon, I got him in September. He is on his own until he is tame (am in the process of looking for a friend), he has guinea pigs for company and his cage is never closed. He enjoys annoying the guniea pigs, eating millet, landing on heads and especially squawking early in the morning to wake me up.

He's only just getting settled with people because I refused to 'train' him the way usually done (keeping him in his cage and not letting him out unless he comes out with me). This has meant it has taken longer but he landed on our heads for the first time on xmas eve and has been getting better since then. Has started coming onto out fingers in the last few days and had a wander around the sofa today (he used to only be interested in the pigs).

Photos to come when photobucket is back up...

Hanging off a millet stalk:

symonacrobat006.jpg

symonacrobat004.jpg

With the pigs:

SyandPigs015.jpg

Not got any of him with me yet as the camera batteries have gone dud.

:wub:

Symon is a dude, it has to be said. lol

He's gorgeous to look at as well, in certain lights he has a very light green around his belly. His tail's not too hot though from the guniea pigs nibbling it. :blink: Ah well, it's his choice to go down there. lol

He's been getting much more friendly. On our heads all the time, been on our fingers for a little second a few times and spent time on Stu's shoulder. lol, this is without any training at all. We chose the 'let him come to us' method.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back