Young Red Eared Slider Turtle.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

M.R Otter

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi;
I was wondering if it is okay to let baby turtles to swim in a pond with other bigger turtles..
The fish in the pond no longer live there and some of them are eatin by these turtles, as I were worried that the fish (kois and arowana) might pose threat to the turtles.
The turtles are red eared sliders..
And thanks!!

Hi;
I was wondering if it is okay to let baby turtles to swim in a pond with other bigger turtles..
The fish in the pond no longer live there and some of them are eatin by these turtles, as I were worried that the fish (kois and arowana) might pose threat to the turtles.
And thanks!!
It depends on the size of the babies. My young Mississippi maps (11cm diameter) happily share tank and basking areas with much larger map and yellow belly adult males. If your babies are hatchlings or really tiny (3cm diameter) best to keep them in a small separate tank because:
1.They need special food in small pieces they can eat and must be fed daily
2 They can't compete for food wth adults
3 Adults may accidentally sit on babies and drown them
4 Arrowana and koi may be able to swallow tiny baby turtles

Hi;
And thanks!!
It depends on the size of the babies. My young Mississippi maps (11cm diameter) happily share tank and basking areas with much larger map and yellow belly adult males. If your babies are hatchlings or really tiny (3cm diameter) best to keep them in a small separate tank because:
1.They need special food in small pieces they can eat and must be fed daily
2 They can't compete for food wth adults
3 Adults may accidentally sit on babies and drown them
4 Arrowana and koi may be able to swallow tiny baby turtles
Thanks a lot for the info... Looks like I'll have to wait for months!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back