You Know You're A Fish Keeper When...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You know your a fish keeper...

...if you spend more time watching your fish each day than TV. (the average person watches about 7 hours a day!)

...when you buy your (girlfriend, wife, boyfriend, etc.) a new fish tank then tell them what to put in it just to have a new fish tank in the house.

... if you spend more money on fish than on bills each month.

... when you get all excited just to see a (insert favorite fish here) at the local pet store.

... if you get a job just to buy more fish.

... if you want to just dump all your fish in your tub and swim with them

... if you use your tub as a fish tank.

... when you buy a filter that only has japanese writing on it.

... when you get home each day, you say "Honies, I'm home!" to your fish.

... when you name each of your fish, then they die within the next month.

... when (insert a relative younger than 10 here) kills all your fish by throwing food in the tank with the excuse "I was feeding them".

... when you start to think your fish are talking to you when they open their mouthes.

... when you want to watch Finding Nemo with your fish then speak whale talk to them.

... when you start making "You Know Your A Fish Keeper" jokes. :lol:

this is TOO MUCH fun lol :lol:

You know youre a fish keeper when while house hunting the main criteria is that the house has a garage to use as a fish room and space for a large fish house in the garden.

When moving house it takes 3 days and 6 people to move your fish and tanks but a couple of hours to move the rest of your belongings.

You have a second fridge/freezer to keep your fish food in because there is so much of it you cant fit it in the normal one.

Your electric bill comes to more than the rest of your friends and families bills put together.

When spending £300 on a pair of very nocturnal catfish just because they are rare takes president over redecorating the disgusting lime green kitchen and purple bathroom in the new house.

and yes i've done all these.

you know your a fish keeper when....

you got to the lfs, just to look at the fish.

when you change the look of your tank every 2 or 3 months.

buy more food, when you have atleast 2 full pots.

angry mum, because of how much water you waste.

last one, spend more money on food, decor, fish, medicines than on your family :blush:

we have got to be over a hundred now?

anyone going to count :lol:

You know you are a fishkeeper when you see RTC as part of a car reg plate and immediately think "Red-tailed Catfish" ! :lol:

when you start a 'nonsense' thread in TFF and make it appear to be related to fish..
:hey:

You know you are a fishkeeper when You keep your 100 gal tank in the garage for five years, your friends say get rid of it its in the way until you have an extension build just to fit the tank in. Then I had plenty of room and now I got four tanks.

When friends introduce you to someone the first thing they tell them is how many fish you got.

You wake up and think how your fish are.

You phone the person who is looking after your fish when your on holiday every day from abroad.

Sabby

Your a fishkeeper when:

you have more dreams of angelfish than of any supermodel

you are asked what you might want for christmas or birthday, and all you want is fish related

...You spend your day off on forums when your acedemic year finishes friday and have muchos work to do...

:lol: that's SO me today! I have two papers, one speech and a written exam due by tomorrow- yet here i am

Anyone mind if I compile all these into one post?

btw, we have 130 as of here :)

Muscle memory forces you to do water changes on wednesday regardless of where you are.
You've accidentally sucked a malaysian trumpet snail through a piece of airline tubing...five minutes ago.

fish died and you do cpr on him so see if he comes back

i did this on a young yellow bullhead.it worked.i used toothpicks and rubbed his stomach for a while and then he startd flopping and i dumped him into the tank.i was workin on him for like 30 mins lol

u know ur a fish keeper if u try and pay ur dad electricity so u can get a new big tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back