You keep Danios?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishfaced

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
If you have or do keep Danios please share your experience of them..

What species?
Behaviour?
Tank mates?
Food?

Personally I think with the variety of species you have to choose from and just how bulletproof these fish can be.
They are one of the best beginner tropical fish to go for.
I'd pay silly money for some Fire Ring Danios. Hard to find in the UK

What species?
Behaviour?
Tank mates?
Food?

Personally I think with the variety of species you have to choose from and just how bulletproof these fish can be.
I have 2 zebra danios and 2 leopard danios. My friend gave them to me 2 years ago when they were moving across state. The fish are nearly 3 now, still thriving. They eat bloodworms, brine shrimp, and tropical flakes. They chase each other around the tank time to time, which is how I know which is the dominant one. Tank mates are: Sword tails, and a single angel fish.

Sounds like a cool little community..
How are they with the shrimp?

I have Giant danios. They've proven to be incredible dither fish for my Odessa Barb who would constantly hide before introducing the danios. They're beautiful looking fish and constantly on the move.

I have Giant danios. They've proven to be incredible dither fish for my Odessa Barb who would constantly hide before introducing the danios. They're beautiful looking fish and constantly on the move.
They are stunning, love the colours. How big do they get?
Suitable for 87ltr?

Am I looking at the right ones?
Multi coloured fish, red, purple, orange yellow?
They're amazing

Am I looking at the right ones?
Multi coloured fish, red, purple, orange yellow?
They're amazing
Sorry just the blue/grey are the giant danio.
IMG_20210306_135057.jpg

The red are odessa barb and the orange are gold barb

Tank size, its more about length of tank than anything. Wouldn't put them in anything smaller than a 4ft

Lol I have glofish danios in with glofish tetras in a 20g tank. They're active little swimmers for sure. I feed them tropical flake and freeze dried bloodworms

What species?
Behaviour?
Tank mates?
Food?

eBay is your friend. some sellers call them Orange Finned Danios, some call them Fire Ring.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back