Yo-Yo Loaches

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

~heidi~

Reaction score
My loaches came out to play and I snagged a couple of cute pics of them.

Thanx so much for looking.

Attachments

• Loaches1.jpg
    Loaches1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Loaches2.jpg
    Loaches2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 88
What cuties! :wub: I especially like the one playing peek-a-boo :D

love Yo Yo loaches, they are completely mental so funny watching them
this was how i found one of them the other day
8vpy8g.jpg

LOL. Thanx so much.  I love when they peek a boo.
smile.png

ReddSam said:
love Yo Yo loaches, they are completely mental so funny watching them
this was how i found one of them the other day

LOL!!! Love it! That's too funny!
rofl.gif

I agree, I just love watching them play. They are so silly!

They are a great and very entertaining loach, although they can scare you by laying on their side and playing dead or getting themselves stuck in some pretty stupid places. I also found out the other day when doing some tank maintenance that the little dears bite. I had removed a log, checked it for hitch hikers and put the log in a spare tub of water just on the off chance of me missing somebody (mainly shrimp), anyway when it came time to put the log back in the tank there was one of my Pakastani (yo-yo) loaches cruising about in the tub. I caught it by hand and it showed its displeasure by giving me a nip. First fish apart from my sisters Oscars that has bitten me with malice, even my corys have never spined me.

Wow Baccus, now I'm going to be scared of putting my hand in my tank from now on O-o

My 'boy?' Is the grand old age of 13 this year, and is my husbands favourite fish in the tank!

I think and I only got the nip because the loach was rather peeved with being removed (even accidentially) from its usual tank and then caught up to be returned home. Usually my loaches just peer at me from their various hollows to see if I am about to give them some tid bits or treats. If my hands are in the tank rearranging anything the loaches are well away and its just the demented guppies nibbling my arms.
My sisters Oscars on the other hand took exception to anything going into their tank or you doing any sort of maintenance in their tank. It was while retrieving some food that the Oscars wouldn't eat that the aggro critter bit me. So in a way I like Oscars in that they are smart and personable fish, but at the same time I don't like them because of their aggression to practically everything else that moves.

I think they just hope you have food. Mine swarm me whenever I put the hand in the tank and I can very much play with them, nudging them around or looping them through my fingers, they don't seem to care and just go on trying to eat whatever they can find on you. They don't hurt though, I quite enjoy the sensation, even from the big one. They have no problem annoying the hell out of my butterflyfish to get to me.

I do need to find a way to get mine to diet though, two of them look like they are pregnant - not that it seems to impair their mobility.

Needing to go on a diet is probably just they are females and full of eggs. I used to have a female that was so rotund she literally listed to either side, she looked more like an elongated pyramid with fins than a loach. Mean while what I took to be a male stayed nice and slim. It never affected her mobility but it certainly restricted the hidey holes she could get into and back out of.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back