Yikes fig 8 puffer help here

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

timbo_ska

Reaction score
Hey guys ive had my puffer a few weeks now, he's on his tod in a cycled tank but heres the stats

12g
ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 40-50ppm (tap is at 40, local fish he's about a year and a half old, and is used to these condits before you complain!)

Temp 24-25c

gH 16 deg

kH 15 deg

Sg. 1.002 (upping from fresh, was a rescue fish kept in fresh!

Fluval 304 filter with carbon (for tannins) nitrate removal, biomax, bogstandard mechanical pads, biomax and filter floss (works a beauty)

Sand substrate with live/fake plants, slate decor

No apparenty gill function problems, there pumping quite hard it looks, swimming normal if it not a little active but ive had him 2? weeks so still getting used to it, and he's probably still getting used to me, Healthy dose of frozen bloodworm everyday 1ce a day with ranshorn snails every couple of days. Nice big fat belly, Swimming properly i.e all fins and not tail

Still has the healthy sheen on his eyes and white belly but has had loss in brightness of black and yellow markings over the past few days

Heavy breathing developed yesterday, added an airstone to help - was without one for 4 days but wasnt gulping at the surface

Weekly water change of 50-60% using interpet tapsafe dechlor with exact temp matchs thanks to the trust laser thermometer upped sg from 1.000 to 1.002 today

So basically you can see im a little stumped!!
Help asap please!!!

Right we have one gill slit clamped it looks, just breathing alot through t'other come on guys!!!

Well gee thanks for the help

Luckily someone else i know on another forum has helped me out, and its a lot less active than this last time i was here there was knowledgable people not just noobs

The problem is that since the incident few people frequent this part of the forum and your solution was to be angry at those of us who do but didn't want to spam you. Hmm

Opcn

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back