Yet Another Fishless Cycle Question!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You shouldn't, theoretically, need to keep a close eye on the KH/GH...once you know what it is coming out of your tap, then unless there is some drastic change from your water company/nature then it will remain either hard, hard/soft, or soft.
I would keep feeding to 4/5 times a week initially, feeding only enough that your current fish wil eat within 1/2 minutes...overfeeding is a major cause of alot of accidents, mishaps and problems.

Terry.

Okay, gotcha :good:

I have soft water, and that's okay because it suits the fish I am keeping/going to keep.

I will def keep an eye on the feeding as well. I was more under the impression that what they can eat in two mins was okay, but if it's better to start off more like 30 seconds, than that's okay.

Yep :good: , there are different coral sands and gravel available on the market, i would suggest having a small bag at the ready should your PH start playing up again...i have a small handful in my filter and a small handful in 2 corners of my tank, it allows my PH to remain at a much more stable level which is the most important thing to consider when using most fish and tap water conditions.
Fish will, and do, go weeks without food in the wild and as we are trying to mimic that (in a way :crazy: ) then it is always better to remain vigilant in using smaller amounts....fish won't die from being underfed unless you don't feed them for weeks upon weeks... so try and hold back just that little bit at this stage of your hobby.
Sincerely hope you get the tank you're looking for :nod: , keep us updated.

Terry.

Yep :good: , there are different coral sands and gravel available on the market, i would suggest having a small bag at the ready should your PH start playing up again...i have a small handful in my filter and a small handful in 2 corners of my tank, it allows my PH to remain at a much more stable level which is the most important thing to consider when using most fish and tap water conditions.

Ahh, that is a good idea. I hadn't even thought of that... Hopefully, it wont have to come down to that, but I think I will pick some up just to be safe.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back