yet another dodgy puffer question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

~nessy~

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi ok ive just bought a tank its size is 18" x 10" x 10" inches which should be bigger than 5 gallons hopefully im just basically asking people what they keep in there drawf puffer tank as in decorations ect as i havent got a clue what to put in mine :|

any help / pictures would be ace thanks in advance :)

Haven't got any pics but dps live in weeds for cover so mine seems to hang out in a floating plant. Don't know the name but it is green (surprise surprise!) with brownish black spots, roundish leaves and grows really quickly either as a floating plant or rooted. It is the same colours as my dp so he blends in perfectly. Sometimes it takes me a few seconds to see him. He also has a moos ball. Tried a cave but he was not interested although he hides under the filter sometimes. He is in a 40l alone.

ok what i've learned in this whole (get your tenk setup for a puffer deal) so far, i'm still in the process of setting mine up

They like sand as a substrate, preffurably darker, do NOT use Black Beauty as this also contains glass and iron and other chemicles.

I'm going to be using anacharis plants, because they are hardy and cheep, they kind of look like milk weedI currently have about 10 of those plants in there in an eclips 6 gallon.

you should have hiding places for him. I have a cave decoration that doesnt take up alot of space and was thinking of picking up some small pieces of slate.

make sure you have the tank set up the way you want it before you put a puffer in there. as moving him out can be a pain and can stress him out.

thanks for the replys sooo carnt wait till the tank comes well excited what are the anacharis plants that u are on about ive never heard of them before i was thinking of putting in half a plant pot one of those teracotter (sp) ones as ive seen alot of them i havent got a clue where to get slate from :/ any ideas

thanks again vanessa

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back