Yesterday I went to the LPS and got a nice piece of wood. Also saw a fish I wanted to save but couldnt...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Saw this guy at our LPS... There was also a female one in there with him but I didn't get a pic of her...
Ew, rainbow gravel 🤢 (Sorry to those who use it. I just really hate it)
20221120_145502_capture.jpg

Then I found this awesome piece of wood!! Couldn't help myself. I had to get it!
20221121_102134.jpg
20221121_102158.jpg

I will like to add this actually... I was surprised that when I went the fish selection was really good, there were more plants, and the fish looked healthier than all the other times I've gone. Yes there were still sick fish and dead ones but the tanks with sick fish were marked as "Not For Sale".
It was refreshing to see most of the fish healthy as well.
Usually my LPS isn't that good. Then when I went to the check out, the cashier offered truthful advice on my wood. I was very happy to see that!
Maybe their changing some things?? Idk...

Gravel like that makes me think of candy you'd rot your teeth on, but that doesn't even taste good. Or demonic breakfast cereal. I guess it's cheery, but it should only have frankenfish like fancy bettas, blood parrots or flowerhorns over it. That poor Tateurndina. Buy the fish some sunglasses.

Gravel like that makes me think of candy you'd rot your teeth on, but that doesn't even taste good. Or demonic breakfast cereal. I guess it's cheery, but it should only have frankenfish like fancy bettas, blood parrots or flowerhorns over it. That poor Tateurndina. Buy the fish some sunglasses.
Yah it was kinda sad... I wanted to get them both but it was risky in multiple ways

My gravel has some color but nothing like that! I actually wanted all black but couldn't find. It isn't too bad but I still wish it was all black.
Yah... Sometimes you gotta make do with what you got around...

Yah... Sometimes you gotta make do with what you got around...
I should have just gone with my normal natural look but I wanted to try a bit of a goth look, didn't happen. If I had used any sense I would have taken a bucket to the gravel bed creek behind my apartments and got the real stuff and rinsed and boiled like I did back in Ohio long time ago. I sometimes think about breaking the tank down and getting stuff from the creek but with how heavily planted I am it would be a major project. Also, since I use under gravel filtration I'd need to re-cycle the tank although a lot would be carried over from deco and the ceramic chamber.

I should have just gone with my normal natural look but I wanted to try a bit of a goth look, didn't happen. If I had used any sense I would have taken a bucket to the gravel bed creek behind my apartments and got the real stuff and rinsed and boiled like I did back in Ohio long time ago. I sometimes think about breaking the tank down and getting stuff from the creek but with how heavily planted I am it would be a major project. Also, since I use under gravel filtration I'd need to re-cycle the tank although a lot would be carried over from deco and the ceramic chamber.
Ah yah... I can understand all that.
Technically I think you can... You should have a lot of beneficial bacteria in the filter and on other surfaces...
But I totally understand if you don't feel comfortable with that

Ah yah... I can understand all that.
Technically I think you can... You should have a lot of beneficial bacteria in the filter and on other surfaces...
But I totally understand if you don't feel comfortable with that
Oh, the re-cycling aspect is minor. I'm just a bit too lazy to go through the hassle of a re-build. ;)

Funny some people buy (glo)fish nowadays with exact that colors. That makes me even more sad.

That IS a nice piece of wood :drool:
I don't blame you for picking that up. It would look gorgous as a centrepiece with a few plants around it!

Last edited:
That IS a nice piece of wood :drool:
I don't blame you for picking that up. It would look gorgous as a centrepiece with a few plants around it!
Thank you!!

Yup, I plan to use it in my 20g high once I take care of the BGA. I will have it set upright (only position that'll work in that size of tank.)
Then once I upgrade to a 40g I will have it set laying down! I will be having lots of plants around it!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back