YES ! They Jump.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Back in the fold

That One Guy
Reaction score
The first thing you will always hear about killifish is the warning that they jump. There is a never ending stream of anecdotes and tales on this jumping killifish business. I feed my Aplocheilus lineatus Golden Wonder Killifish wingless fruit flies that I culture. I have two twenty highs with my big breeders. These fish are in the 3 1/2 to 4 inch range. I had to make this cardboard cover for fly feeding day. I cut a piece of cardboard to fit the top opening and fit in a 2 liter pop bottle with the end cut off to pour the live flies into. As soon as I put this on the fish start circling at the surface like hungry sharks. Now I no longer have to watch fish jumping before my eyes as I feed and three feet to the floor. I don't want a jumper where I can't retrieve it. No matter how fast or careful I was I could never beat them to the draw. Problem solved.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 102
The first thing you will always hear about killifish is the warning that they jump. There is a never ending stream of anecdotes and tales on this jumping killifish business. I feed my Aplocheilus lineatus Golden Wonder Killifish wingless fruit flies that I culture. I have two twenty highs with my big breeders. These fish are in the 3 1/2 to 4 inch range. I had to make this cardboard cover for fly feeding day. I cut a piece of cardboard to fit the top opening and fit in a 2 liter pop bottle with the end cut off to pour the live flies into. As soon as I put this on the fish start circling at the surface like hungry sharks. Now I no longer have to watch fish jumping before my eyes as I feed and three feet to the floor. I don't want a jumper where I can't retrieve it. No matter how fast or careful I was I could never beat them to the draw. Problem solved.
Necessity...the mother of invention

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back