Yep, Here We Go Again...I'm Saving More Fishies.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Arashi

I am the Loach Queen...fear me, mortal!
Reaction score
Went into one of my lfs today to pick up some things I needed...just little stuff, no fish as I only buy my fishes from one of two places. Well, I couldn't help it and began walking down the isles of tanks, and noticed that they had a male Betta in every tank...I started getting a bit worried when I noticed the Gouramis and Guppies had Bettas in with them too... :blink: :crazy: :sad:

Then I saw them...three Pearl Gouramis being hounded by a red Betta. The Betta looked fine, so marks on him at all. But the poor Gouramis...? Their fins were frayed, had cuts and marks on their bodies and my heart went out to the little guys. :sad:

I immediately called over one of the employees and started ripping him a new one about how you NEVER put Gouramis and Bettas in the same tank. :crazy: I admit, I may had gone a bit overboard with the dude... :*) And I told him I would take all three of the Gouramis (I was planning on picking up some anyways, just not from them :/ ).

So, here I am, with three beautiful little Pearl Gouramis, who are being nursed back to health as I type. :D I really hope all three of them make it. I discovered I have two females and one male. The male is simply beautiful...his colors are stunning...and yes, he is in full breeding colors. :wub: :thumbs:

No pictures yet, as my camera is still broke. :-( :-( :-( Just wanted to let you guys know that there are three Gouramis who will never be mistreated again...

...and to all of us Betta Peeps...I think I'm turning to the dark side. :hyper: :lol: :rofl:

Congrats Arashi! :thumbs:

I love pearl gouramis. :wub:

I'm looking foward to seeing your incredible pics when you get you camera back. :nod:

Thansk cometcattle! :wub: And my pictures aren't incredible... :*) :*) ...now you made me blush. :*) :wub: :*) :wub:

I'm loving these Pearls so much! They are so pretty. And I love those little feeler thingys (yes I know what they are called, I just call them 'feeler thingys' because I can :p ). I've never had Gourami's before, so these guys are sorta like 'experimental Gouramis' for me...and I'm so glad I picked them up, because they are great little fish. :thumbs: :wub:

Congrats! I'm sure they'll be 100% in no time, in your care. :) I can't wait to see pics of them! :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back