Yellow Watchmans Goby

QuotheRaven

Something smells humany
Reaction score
I am considering buying one but i only have crushed coral substrate...is that ok for gobies and or blennies??

well, my goby loves picking at my sand and sifiting it through his gills to extract food, but i do think he could live without that. He sees a piece of food, then grabs a bite, sand and all.

About the belly and scratches made, all i can say is that it glides on the sand, you be the judge on if the crushed coral is too sharp for a fish.

IMO I dont think they crushed coral subtrate would affect a blenny or goby too much so you should be ok getting one! ;)

well, my goby loves picking at my sand and sifiting it through his gills to extract food, but i do think he could live without that. He sees a piece of food, then grabs a bite, sand and all.

About the belly and scratches made, all i can say is that it glides on the sand, you be the judge on if the crushed coral is too sharp for a fish.
I love watching mine pick at the sand. Smaller particles would be better for any shrimp-gobies so they can do there thing easier (dig in the sand).Crushed coral would do alright.

I think it will be fine

I had one with a rubble substrate for years with no problems

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back