Yellow Tang..not So Yellow?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Bomber

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my friend has a yellow tang that he just got, but it's not so yellow..it's like yellow by it's head and it's body is like a very plae yellow (almost a white) and his tale is yellow agin?? anyting wrong with it??

thanks

my friend has a yellow tang that he just got, but it's not so yellow..it's like yellow by it's head and it's body is like a very plae yellow (almost a white) and his tale is yellow agin?? anyting wrong with it??

thanks

Are you sure its a yellow tang? Have you got a pic? :look: It's not a lemon peel angel is it
Lemonpeel_20154.jpg
or an unusual type of butterflyfish like this threadfin?
Guam%20-%20Threadfin%20Butterfly%20Fish.jpg

If he's just got the fish it could just be losing its colours as its stressed. Has it fed at all and how is it acting?

no it's a yellow tang for shour!! he just got it from a fish store..but even in the store the fish was these clours?? was it sick in the store? :/

and it's acting 100%normal! :)

could it just be a faded yellow tang??

Usually when a tang gets stressed or sick they develop spots or blotches of discoloration, its usually not large, uniform discoloration. Could just be not the best diet in the LFS and you might want to consider supplimenting its feeding with an algae clip :)

he asked the store were he bought it about the fish and thy said that when they got the fish it it was the same way..so is it possible that the fish is just not as cloured/ faded??

Possible it never recovered from malnutrition in shipping. I'd feed it a varied diet including algae and spirulina enriched frozen foods to get its coat back to normal color :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back