Yellow Parrott Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tonytheeagle

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have just started my tropical fish tank and initially put in a yellow Parrot fish, having researched this fish the advise given that they were to be 4-6 in number non aggressive which it has been, however since i put in a Blood Red Parrot the yellow one hounds it! It appears to take nips at it, anyone know if this is right or should I separate?

Need help please!

Reds ......Tony

Hi.can you tell us the size of your tank please.any photos of the yellow fish would be great

Hi

1.2m [4' ] the yellow fish is defo Parrot fish, does this help?

Are they both males? If so, that could be your answer.
How well decorated is your tank?
Are those the only two fish in the tank?

It's hard to tell with parrots.they naturally nip at each other.in a big tank with breaking zones it it always short lived.but I am unsure about a yellow variety.i initially thought you had a sevrum.

RainboWBacoN420 said:
Are they both males? If so, that could be your answer.
How well decorated is your tank?
Are those the only two fish in the tank?
Not sure if they are both males, how do you tell?

The tank is well decorated, plants rocks etc

There are a total of 9 mid size fish

Another thing you maybe able to help me with: the red Parrott appears to sleep head down tail up looks dead, is this right?

Thanks

gmc1 said:
It's hard to tell with parrots.they naturally nip at each other.in a big tank with breaking zones it it always short lived.but I am unsure about a yellow variety.i initially thought you had a sevrum.
Ok thanks

Rgds.....T

They play dead when startled.the head down is a natural defensive pose.as long as they have somewhere to hide they will be fine.

Hi

My blood red Parrott fish has developed a black mark on its upper lip and black forehead, any know what this could be please, the fish is a lively as it always has been and shows no signs of distress.

Any ideas?

This is common.just make sure your water changes are ok.did you move anything in the tank at all?

Thanks, I moved nothing in the tank, I will monitor the fish see how it develops

Parrot cichlids usually chase and nose each other but they start biting and such thats not good they need to be separated but nudging each other and chasing is okay. Tearing fins and losing scales not okay.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back